Work Location: Public Maker Space [Delhi] – Okhla Industrial Area, Phase 1
Timings: 09:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday to Saturday [6 Days a Week]
Salary Bracket: Rs. 20,000 ~ Rs. 40,000 Per Month
About MakersBox Innovations Pvt. Ltd.
MakersBox has a vision “To Inspire the Next Generation to Innovate and Invent”. The MakersBox STEM in School Programme works with creative thinkers who help drive a positive global change. Our approach to education aims to cultivate our students to be problem-solvers, leaders, collaborators, and innovators who have the creative capacity to drive change in a world that is constantly changing.
Over the years we have impacted more than 100,000 students and our team works on Projects that Engage Students across multiple schools, universities, and after school programmes.
About this Position
MakersBox works across Multiple Schools and coordinates with it’s Teachers, Facilitators, School Curriculum Coordinators and School leadership teams. In this position you will work as a Coordinator to help organise efficient communication between our Curriculum Team, Facilitators and our School Partner teams. You will also need to give your inputs on curriculum and help with curriculum development. This position requires a very active person, someone who is able to think on their feet and come up with solutions.
You will be responsible to provide operations and logistics support for the School MakerSpace learning community, by working on planning and developing programmes with our Maker Space Managers. You will also be responsible to run the community of our members, and inspire them to create more.
To Achieve our mission, MakersBox uses Rich Innovative Learning Experiences that
- deepen understanding of science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- engage and connect diverse audiences, and
- inspire and prepare the next generation of scientists, engineers, artists, mathematicians, educators and future leaders.This position focusses on supporting our classroom facilitators and developing a curriculum that can be delivered using the STEM pedagogy. Additional duties can be identified based on the interests of the selected candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate between School, MakersBox Teams and other Stake Holders to ensure timely compliance and efficient communications.
- Help plan and execute Maker Space Activities, and take feedback on current implementations
- Counsel makerspace users regarding best practices.
- Ensure compliance with safety, rules/policy guidelines.
- Provide multi-format equipment and use instruction.
- Assist with makerspace assessment activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Creating, planning and integrating STEM Based activities with School Curriculum, so our K-12 Facilitators can deliver it.
- Collaborating with the K-12 Facilitators, university educators, scientists and engineers to develop new programmes and refine existing ones.
- Produce instructional materials that connect underground science to K-12 and Higher education settings.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in one of the STEM Disciplines
- At-least 1 to 2 Years of Experience in Teaching at a K-12 or University Level, or creating K-12 Curriculum
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Self-directed, team oriented, innovative, fun and creative are words that should describe your personality.
Desired Areas of Expertise
- Curriculum Development
- Assessment of Instructional Materials
- Program Evaluation
- STEM Pedagogical expertise
- Inclusion, equity, diversity expertise
- Leadership Experience.
What will you do?
- Meet regularly with school leaders, coaches and teachers to identify and enact instructional priorities at each of your partner schools.
- Conduct consistent, high-quality classroom observations, including vetting lesson plans, collecting concrete classroom data, and identifying strengths and key levers for observed teachers. Identify trends across classrooms and bring them to school leaders and the Academic team.
- Use data to identify areas that need support at each of your partner schools, as well as effective practices that should be shared and implemented across the network. Create and enact plans to address the areas that need remediation.
- Support schools in growing their academic and pedagogical expertise through a variety of means including professional development, lesson study groups, co-observations with school leaders, and directly supporting individual teachers.
- Identify and work to overcome stumbling blocks to high quality instruction in classrooms.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Academic team to enhance the entire team’s knowledge of best practices in terms of instruction for each content area. Share expertise with the team at large about your content area expertise by leading professional development, assessing external materials, and sharing best practices from outside the network.
- Create and revise high quality, timely, and error free exams, units and lesson materials. Ensure that curricula are clear, well organized, and easily implementable by school partners.
How to Apply
Applications to this position can be done by filling up the form here.
Please note, the form can take upwards of 30 to 45 minutes to fill. Please ensure you have the following files ready before you start filling in the form.
- Your Resume in PDF,
- Your Salary Certificate from the Last Job in PDF or JPEG Format
- Your Photo (JPEG Format) – Please take a Selfie before starting to submit this form, and upload the Selfie when asked for Photo)
- A Government Issued ID card in PDF Format or JPEG Format
When yo are ready, please click here to proceed to the application form